At Queen Elizabeth Park Care Home we are committed to providing high quality care that is effective and responsive, delivered by an expert team that is well-led and supported in an environment that is safe and secure enabling residents to enjoy a better quality of life.
We are delighted with our latest inspection by CQC with an overall “Good” and an “Outstanding” in Responsive Service – here is what they said about our home and service:
- People told us that they felt the service was well-led. One person told us, “The manager is excellent; very approachable. She’s very on top of things.” Another person said, “You could not wish for a better home manager. She always makes time for you.”
- Staff knew the people that they were supporting. They were able to give us details on people throughout the day, without needing to refer to care plans.
- People told us that they were supported by staff that were competent in their roles. One person said, “I think the team is very professional; they are focused on the patients having a good quality of life.” A relative told us, “I think they’re very kind and well trained, very patient with residents.”
- People told us that they felt safe living at the home. One person said, “Oh yes, I feel safe because there’s always someone around, always someone to help me.” Another person said, “Yes, very safe… It’s the next best thing to home.” A relative told us, “I think my relative is very safe and well looked after.”
- People were complimentary about the food that was prepared for them. One person said, “The food is very good and there’s always a choice.” Another family member told us, “My relative enjoys the food.”
- The provider found creative ways to engage people in meaningful activities. People took part in activities, parties and outings that they enjoyed and that achieved positive outcomes for them.